This project is read-only.

Not accepting database password

May 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Tried to use this app last night and it's not accepting the password to unlock my database. I've confirmed the password is correct. Thoughts?
Jun 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM
My apologies for the late reply - I've been busy with work and school.

Right now, there is nothing that comes to mind as to why the app would fail to decrypt. Could you maybe try to create a test database (with some fake records), protect it with the same password and try decrypting in WinKee?
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I was having the same problem and managed to track it down to an entry in my database without a title. The trouble was I could not see the entry in windows version of keepass so could not delete it
I have uploaded a patch which fixes winkee so it can read it if you want to compile it yourself, or wait for mar3ek to apply it and release a new version
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Oh, great job, thank you! I didn't think anyone would be interesting in helping out with this :) I downloaded the patch and will evaluate it ASAP.

I already have a new version prepared (includes application master password functionality). If the patch checks out (which it should), I should be able to push a new version during the weekend.

Again, thank you for you intput :)
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM
The patch has been applied, everything seems to be working properly. But I just realized that I am stuck away from my main workstation for at least a week and my new master password code hasn't been checked in yet, so I can't publish it together with this fix. That release will have to wait for a little while. I will perform some on-device testing of the current code base and push the fixed version Friday/Saturday.
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I have just noticed that the entry with no title was in my recycle bin folder in keepass - so I could delete it from there. It should also make it easy for you to test - you can just delete the title on an entry and then try it

But it did make me think - would it be possible or desirable to not show entries that are in the recycle bin folder. I think winkee has made the right choice in not displaying folders and using the search function instead (thats how I find entries) and so I have never noticed there was a recycle bin folder until today
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Hm, that is a good question. I don't use KeePass' recycle bin much, so I never checked how that works exactly. But yes, my opinion would be to NOT display recycled items. Or maybe put an option "display recycled items" in settings. I will do some research on this.